The Ancient Egyptians
Working with the education and touring theatre company, Altru, our year 4 children certainly enjoyed taking part in a variety of physical drama activities, which explored the following aspects of the Ancient Egyptian civilisation:
• The importance of the River Nile to Ancient Egypt and how it's connected to the seasons.
• Life for farmers in Ancient Egypt
• Pharaohs and their pyramids
• Death, mummification and the importance of the afterlife.
• Hieroglyphics – their shapes and importance.
• King Tutankhamen and his mysterious death.
• Egyptian inventions
Our children found drama to be a fantastic way to learn about history. Working creatively, they were able to empathise with the Ancient Egyptian civilisation through acting out the daily lives of the people of the past, thus, bringing this ancient period to life. This provided for a long and lasting memory as they shared their final performance (shown below) with our year 5 children - from whom they received some very impressive feedback!
Culcheth Lane, Manchester, Lancashire M40 1LU
0161 681 2779