Our Wonderful World:
What are the seven wonders
of our world?
In this unit, the children will bring together the ideas introduced in the previous KS1 Geography units. This unit is designed to enhance and solidify their geographical general knowledge. It will also give the children an appreciation of the world by introducing natural and man-made wonders, as well as ancient and modern wonders.
This unit provides opportunities for children to not only revisit their fieldwork activity from the beginning of the year, but to also build on this by going on virtual fieldtrips using Digimap for Schools or Street View technologies online. Having different, unusual and contrasting views of places is important to give a variety of information to the children.
How can I support learning at home?
You can reinforce and support pupils' learning in lots of ways:
- Identify and name the continents and oceans
- Identify and name some of the wonders
- Use atlases, maps and/or globes to locate some of the wonders - a library visit can help here
- Correctly use the key vocabulary provided on the 'Our Wonderful World' knowledge organiser
- Visit a library and use Google Earth to go on a virtual fieldtrip
Culcheth Lane, Manchester, Lancashire M40 1LU
0161 681 2779
For telephone enquiries please ask for Mrs Potter.
At point of contact, enquires and queries will be dealt with by Mrs. Potter.
For a paper copy of any information on this website, please contact the school office.
SEN enquiries will be passed on to the school SENDCo Mrs Holroyd.